1. Instead of just reading the Word, I am studying the Word. Purchased a software program that includes several hundred books with commentaries, Hebrew and Greek dictionaries, etc.. Going through the Bible instead of just going thru it.

2. Using Memverse (http://www.memverse.com/?referrer=joey-espinosa) I will be working on memorizing the book of James.

I’ve been doing plans to read through the bible over 3 years (I’ve done that twice). This year, I will start working to read through the Bible over 1.5-2 years. (I’ve done it in a year a couple of times in the past — it’s too much for me!)

With my family, we will regularly share what each of us read that morning. It has been a lot of fun for all 5 of us. A way for us to mutually encourage and teach each other.

3. I’m praying with my wife and kids more along w/ reading a number of spiritually themed books. 2012 was the year of leadership and platforms for most of my reading. Trying to focus on personal growth and walking with God.

4. Juan

I’m setting apart time each morning to read at least one chapter of the book of Psalms, in addition to Bible study. 10 chapters a week, in about 7.5 months, I’ll read all the Psalms, then Ill just start again. I’m excited!

5. I personally adopt the word of the year. Last year’s word, Grace, taught me how to deal more graciously with others and to extend grace to those that are never beyond God’s grace. This year’s word is Patience. I’m talking to God about teaching me patience in dealing with others, but especially family. I’m working on reading the Bible more. I’m writing about what I’m doing on my blog as situations occur.

6. I personally want to focus all my energy on helping others deal with this monster we call life.
    I have learned something already this year!! Life has a path destined for all of us, a painful, dark, struggled filled journey. So I believe my mission is to help keep us smiling. It’s like taking a road trip, it will be the same distance no matter what you do, so the best thing to do is enjoy it. But sometimes that’s difficult so you have me!! I’m sorry I wrote a novel!! But this is how I respond. In volumes lol oh bless your heart my man!! You’re totally awesome!!