A few weeks ago, I was watching Sunday Night Baseball on ESPN. I dont remember who they were playing, but Orel Hersheiser, the color analyst for the game, talked about the “Relationship Equity” that the Dodgers manager (Don Mattingly) has with his players.
For the last couple of weeks, the term “Relationship Equity” has popped back in my mind several times.
Here are some thoughts on relationship equity…
* Relationships matter, no matter the context.
* Leadership hinges on relationships… Good or bad.
* What we put into a relationship, we’re likely to get out.
* Good and deep relationships take time.
* Relationships of any kind have ups and downs, it’s up to the parties in the relationship if they continue or end.
* Relationships require consistent care and development.
Who said we can’t learn from TV?! :-)
What are your thoughts? What does “Relationship Equity” mean to you?