My wife and I met our first child a couple of weeks ago. It’s been a crazy ride full of ups and downs and little lessons.
Not long after my wife got pregnant, I started keeping a list called,
“Lessons From Living With A Pregnant Wife.”
While I kind of forgot about the list at times over the last 9 months, I still did a pretty good job of capturing things as they came.
Here you go, 15 lessons from living with a pregnant wife…
- Smell is no longer one of the senses, but an obsession instead..
- Smells that used to be good are suddenly sickening… Wonder if it works the other way around?
- Just because she wants to eat something particular now doesn’t mean she’ll want it when you go and get it and bring it home.
- Bed time can be anytime.
- 7:30 is a reasonable time for the both of us to go to bed.
- Hallmark Christmas movies can quickly turn into emotional roller coasters without warning or reason.
- Dinner time can come anytime… snack time too.
- Teeth brushing is a complicated and often daunting task.
- Having to get shots at the doctor suddenly becomes more tolerable when there’s a baby to think about.
- Anything out of the ordinary can become a catastrophe.
- Anyone can be doing nothing, but everything wrong.
- Gassy smells are no longer always blamed on me.
- There’s no such things as too many pillows on the bed.
- Her restlessness = mine.
- A baby is born when God says he’s gonna be born!