Believe to See

Jonathan Pearson

Millennial | Leader | Pastor | Communicator | Campus Pastor at Cornerstone Church in Orangeburg S.C., Assistant Director of The Sticks Network, creator of Millennialleader.com, and author of Next Up: 8 Shifts Great Young Leaders Make (NextUpBook.com).

16 Responses

1. In my scheme of thought it is not faith if I know the results. Faith moves whether it knows or not. I need to be more like S, M, & A.

2. I believe that is part of childlike faith. Children have no problem believing things they can’t see.

3. Eileen says:

“They were willing to stick their neck out BEFORE they saw God work.” I think the key word in your sentence is “willing”. A willing heart means EVERYTHING when it comes to our relationship with the Lord.

4. Thomas says:

“Maybe we see fewer miracles today because we’re unwilling to stick our butt to the fire in faith God is gonna show up…”

I like those strong words, Jonathan. Fear is such a huge component in whether I do or don’t do something. Fear is a crippler. Here’s to 2012 being a year in which I put my butt to the fire!

5. Nathan Holm says:

Great post! I used to talk to teams about ‘Belief without Evidence’ meaning we have to trust the process without the evidence of results. This is different though we have the evidence found in His word, like in Daniel, yet I still wait for evidence before I take action based on belief. I need to change this. Thanks for the thoughts.

6. Jason Vana says:

Believing before we see is really the essence of faith. Sometimes we don’t get that sign in the sky that gives us ultimate direction that this exact thing is what we’re supposed to do. That doesn’t mean we get to sit on our butts and wait for that sign. Soemtimes, we just need to stick our necks out and trust that He will show up.

7. Evie says:

This was timely and encouraging with something I’ve been strongly compelled in my heart to follow the Lord in recently that, in faith, I’m praying/believing with all my heart the Lord will show up. It’s humbling to read about those three, oh to have their faith in such a scary situation.

8. Ellie says:

You have inspired me to continue work on my blog on my anxiety experiences. Although I am not a professional writer, several weeks
    ago I decided to start up a WP blog dealing with the experiences I have had with my struggle with anxiety attacks. I believe this will be good therapy for me.

Ellie