My mom always taught me not to point my finger at people.
As I’ve gotten older, I’ve had less tendency to point my finger at strangers, and more propensity to point my finger at the very people I should be supporting.
I think a lot of it’s human nature.
- To point the finger of blame when it’s someone else’s fault
- To point the finger of blame when It’s our own fault.
- To point the finger of blame when something goes wrong.
So, even after all that training my Mom did, I still haven’t gotten good at keeping my finger to myself.
Instead of pointing my finger, though, I should…
- Support others when they mess up. They know it already, they don’t need me taking em down further.
- Fess up to a mistake, I’ll learn in the process.
- Know when I help contribute to a problem.
- Support the people around me no matter who I’m in conversation with.
Where are you pointing your finger when you should be lending a hand?