- It can steal our joy.
- It can take our effectiveness.
- It can weaken our faith.
- It can separate us from the One that loves us.
- It can cripple relationships.
- It can make us miss out on doing something significant.
That’s why these verses are so critical to a believer’s life…
Such love has no fear, because perfect love expels all fear. If we are afraid, it is for fear of punishment, and this shows that we have not fully experienced his perfect love. 1 John 4:18
No matter how young or old you are, fear can cut you off from all that God has for you.
- Make us unwilling to do something significant.
- Keep us from forgiving our neighbor.
- Prevent us from taking a bold step of faith.
- Cause us to doubt the voice of God.
Perfect love will…
Drive out that fear.
It gets inside us and squeezes the fear out of our lives…
it leaves no room for fear…
it fills us.
So, if you’re allowing fear to prevent you from doing what you know you should,
if you’re allowing fear to conquer your victory,
look to the love.
Look to be filled
with the love,
the perfect love of God.