1. I am learning a lot from our Lenten sacrifices surrounding money. Check out the blog for more info.

Without this bondage to cash/spending/debt it is a huge benefit for our marriage and family.

2. I’ve been listening more. I’ve reading and catching up on blogs. I’ve just stopped more to be still and listen to what God is saying. By doing this I’ve become more productive and getting out of my comfortable box!

3. I’m learning to cherish the still, small moments that happen in my life. So often I look forward to the “BIG” things… but overlook the small ones.

4. Patience!!
    God has a time and place for everything and ultimately, everything is going to happen when HE wants it to. There is no use in worrying about the future because it is in His hands!

5. Go in on this a wee late, but let me add an old sage note here. Ten years ago someone forced Dr. Swensen’s book, “Margin” on me (it was tuff for them, I was dashing about so fast). Transformed my life. Then and now. I even wrote about it extensively. I was living “MY” story from one edge of the page to the other, top to bottom, too. What if God wanted to speak to me, maybe even suggest something He, not me, wanted to get done. Done His way. “Sorry, God, no room. You might find some margin a couple of pages down my story line if you really think it’s important.” Now, I live with lots of margin. Amazing things, unscripted by me, but by the Story Maker, show up in the margin.

6. I am learning to narrow my focus and broaden the effect. To do What God has gifted ME to do and to do not only it but all things heartily as unto Him.

If the effort is made for His glory even our mistakes, misquues, and missteps can cause the light of Christ to shine in this dark world.

God Bless