When I was still living at home, my parents decided to remodel their kitchen.
They decided that they really liked tile floors and called the tile man.
I still remember how careful the tile guy was to be sure that he was laying the tile on a smooth surface.
Every few minutes, I’d see him smoothing out the grout to be sure that the tile would lay flat.
After he laid a piece of tile on it, he never smoothed it again, it had already been worked out.
“If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn’t lead anywhere.” – Frank Clark
The obstacles that are in your way exist because the path is not worn…
The grout hasn’t been smoothed out.
No tile has been laid.
Few have traveled the tough path,
the path that it takes real faith to travel.
- The path that gets up everyday and lives out their faith even though the office they work in is filled with people that don’t.
- The path that prays for their children even though their children ignore the faith they’re taught.
- The path that loves when it doesn’t make sense… when it’s not easy.
- The path that forgives because they’re forgiven.
- The path that pastors even when the people refuse to be lead.
- The path that prays for and obeys their parents even though they’re never shown love.
- The path that is faithful to their husband even though he isn’t faithful to her.
- The path that lives a vision from God by the voice of God and not by the opinions of man.
Those paths have obstacles because they haven’t been smoothed out… not many people have been there… not many people are willing to pay the price.
Today, welcome the obstacles.
The obstacles are evidence of the destination.
For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few.- Matthew 7:14
Travel on and…
turn the world UPSIDE down.