I love sleeping!
It probably comes as no shock to those of you that read this post.
But I love being able to sleep late and wake up feeling refreshed and re-energized.
Sometimes, that just isn’t possible.
Sometimes, responsibilities take over and keep me from staying in the bed as late as I’d like.
Sometimes, life happens in the midst of what I would really like to do.
I love sleep, but it’s really just because I like the rest.
In fact, one of the Pearsons’ favorite Saturday activities is staying in the bed even after we wake up.
That’s probably why I love this passage.
Matthew 11:28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.”
Did you get that?
- No matter what you’ve got going on.
- No matter how many curve balls life’s thrown at you that you’ve swung and missed on.
- No matter how much it feels like the walls are caving in on you.
- No matter how many nights you’ve been kept awake by the pain.
- No matter how tired you are from fighting the faithful fight.
Go to Him.
Sit in His presence.
Tell Him how you feel.
Confess to Him that you don’t know where to turn.
Sit in the silence and listen intently.