Watching the Cleveland Cavs play the Miami Heat last night brought me to this thought…
It’s just a game.
If you don’t know the back story to the game, here are a few quick details.
- Lebron James – born in Akron Ohio
- Lebron James – drafted by Cleveland Cavs
- Lebron James – plays for Cavs
- Lebron James – announces on an ESPN special that he’s leaving Cleveland to “take his talents” to Miami
- Cleveland fans – get really, really mad
- Lebron James – plays first game against Cleveland last night
- Everyone – wondering what stupid things Cleveland fans will do
It’s just basketball.
It’s just a sport.
It doesn’t really matter.
Spend your life on what counts.
Let that control your emotions and goals.
Let that control who you are.
Much of what we spend out time, energy, money, and emotion on doesn’t really matter.
Don’t let the minor take away from the major task you’re called to.
What minor thing do you allow to become major?