5 Signs FB is Taking Over Your Life

A few months ago, I did a post about the top 10 signs you’re addicted to twitter… you can read that here.

Here are the top 5 signs that Facebook is taking over your life.

1. You’ve seen “Social Network” 5 times already.

2. You check your Facebook inbox more regularly than your postal mailbox.

3. You designate someone to tend your farm on “Farmville” when you go out of town.

4. You have nightmares about the Facebook Virus deleting your account. For the next 3 weeks, you won’t click on anything.

5. You found out your wife was pregnant by reading her status update.

Have any suggestions for #6?

1. This is a touchy subject for sure. I would say a lot of social media is an issue for lots of people. It’s built to be addicting!

Great post – If you want swing by geekforhim.com and check out my social media posts!

2. I haven’t seen Social Network at all and I got out of all that “ville” stuff because it was slowing up my computer terribly. BUT, I check my FB many times during the day. I have to make sure not too many times because it’s gotten obsessive. Not a good thing! Thanks for the laugh.

3. Larry Trowbridge Sr.

I think I’m good…sort of. I haven’t seen Social Network, I don’t do the farm games anymore, and my wife and I are, for medical reasons, not having anymore kids. That leaves the mail thing. *oops* Now in my defense, my postal mail only comes once a day so does that leave me off the hook? ;) lol

4. I was definitely addicted to FB for awhile. I have since turned off my email notifications and can breathe again. But now I’m addicted to Twitter.

1. I saw Social Network on Saturday. I thought it was great.

5. I did find out my sister’s engagement was ended on FB. So there’s that.

5. #2 is either unfair or irrelevant.

Mail is delivered by the postal service less than once a day. (That is, once every 1.16 days, on average, not accounting for holidays.)

Facebook messages are delivered constantly.

Who uses real mail?

For that matter, even email is falling out of favor. It was the in thing twenty years ago. But twenty year olds seem to be acknowledging that it’s something for their grandparents now.

6. #6: You have more Facebook friends than real-life friends.

This is an old post, but I came across it and, as an almost-to-the-point-of-admitting-it-but-not-quite-there-yet facebook addict, I HAD to throw my two-cents in ;)