Your Favorite Professional Sport

This time of the year is one of the greatest I can think of to be a sports fan.

The NHL playoffs are underway.

The NBA playoffs are going on.

The PGA is in full swing.

NASCAR is going in circles.

The MLB season has started.

If someone could think of a way to add a little football to the mix, I think I’d have to cancel my Directv subscription to get anything done.

So, let’s take a quick poll…

What PROFESSIONAL sport season do you enjoy most?

1. I love tennis. Not sure if that qualifies as a sports season since they play year round, but during Australian Open, US Open, Wimbledon, & French Open you can guarantee that’s what we’ll be watching. I’m an Andy Murray fan, and my husband has a man crush on Federer.

2. I’m with Michael, my favorite is definitely baseball. Tennis definitely counts, Jessi. I just didn’t think of that one when I wrote it. I actually like watching tennis too. Thanks for reading and commenting everyone!

3. Baseball has to be my favorite…even though I cheer for the PIttsburgh Pirates. I could watch baseball everyday. Having played it up through college I love the small details in the game!

4. I am a baseball guy, but in all honesty I love all sports (except for Nascar, but that isn’t really a sport)

Being from St. Louis I am all things St. Louis. Even though the Blues are not in the NHL playoffs, I can still root against the Blackhawks and Redwings.
    The Cardinals are off to a good start and before last nights lost could easily be undefeated this season. And the cubs suck

And the NFL is in full swing here, the draft is tomorrow night. And somehow the Rams are going to mess it up. They always do. From 2000 on they have three first round picks on their roster. They just traded away their 2008 first round pick to the Redskins for practically nothing. So I have that to look forward to tomorrow night.

I am a big sports guy.

5. Rob

Hmm, although my favorite to play is basketball, probably my favorite to watch is baseball. However I very rarely watch any sports, or any television at all for that matter. But I suppose that rarity is by American standards heheh, I’m sure I watch way more TV then 90% of the world.

6. Kyle, your remark toward Nascar would be considered blasphemous in the little country town that I grew up in! They’re crazy/passionate about some Nascar. Haha I never really got it myself.

7. MB

is there ever a time when a sport isn’t playing? UGH! I hate sports. I told my husband that I was going to make him suffer through ice skating and Dancing with the stars all year long and see if he liked it. He said that those weren’t real sport. Yeah, yeah. I feel the same way about professional sports. Is it really a sport if you are getting paid to do it? I don’t think so. And don’t beat me up. I’m the only girl that commented here…

8. MB

Well to be honest, I think iceskating and dancing are both lame, but I can tolerate them a ton more than football, baseball and basketball…

9. Soccer,soccer,soccer. the English premier league is fantastic. I am a BIG Liverpool Fan!( if I wants a Christian I would probably spend a lot more time there) Also F1 is great. Bonus is just as one is finishing the other is starting!!

10. While I am a fan of the North American sporting festivities, as a born, bred, and breeding New Zealander [well, that’s a little off-key, as that is past tense, married, with 3 boys], there is really only one sporting endeavor that any self-respecting “kiwi” will really enjoy… RUGBY UNION!

For those who have not heard of the “All Blacks”… hush your perverse lips… as these men in black make war with little else on, except for their flesh encased shirts [not to forget their posterior garments, just in case you were… well, you get the… ahem], playing a brutal game we know and like in large amounts!

As a little warm-up, here is one performance of the traditional Haka, performed some seasons ago. Enjoy some culture!

The rules may get you, but just like many from this part of the planet who have not watched, what they will be inclined to describe as, “Gridiron,” once they do watch and understand, they get the vibe, understand the feel, and may even get hooked for more!

We do have Televisions in New Zealand, and we can even get ESPN, so I do like my Pujols, Peyton, Kobe and Cosby!

Enough from me, over to the next commenter!

11. Being that I was born and raised in South Africa I have to say CRICKET, RUGBY and FOOTBALL (soccer) are ranked top of my list. With that being said, I do get a thrill watching college hoops and american-football (who doesn’t like the super bowl?)

12. “Our first cricket vote”… What is this, ignore the Kiwi?

What about our first RUGBY UNION vote?

And, quoting my earlier comment… one Jonathon must [I would expected more from one who had such providential purposing]!

“Rugby League also goes down well… Soccer, as we name it [I was at the game to take us to the Fifa World Cup… I am a Scouser {Liverpool} fan as well… Ian Rush>Torres]… and also, not forgetting, Cricket!”

Just in case you are presently getting concerned, yes, I am trading in hyper… bole. I am off to my happy place!

13. Soccer,soccer,soccer. the English premier league is fantastic. I am a BIG Liverpool Fan!( if I wants a Christian I would probably spend a lot more time there) Also F1 is great. Bonus is just as one is finishing the other is starting!!

14. “Our first cricket vote”… What is this, ignore the Kiwi?

What about our first RUGBY UNION vote?

15. Being that I was born and raised in South Africa I have to say CRICKET, RUGBY and FOOTBALL (soccer) are ranked top of my list. With that being said, I do get a thrill watching college hoops and american-football (who doesn’t like the super bowl?)

16. Being that I was born and raised in South Africa I have to say CRICKET, RUGBY and FOOTBALL (soccer) are ranked top of my list. With that being said, I do get a thrill watching college hoops and american-football (who doesn’t like the super bowl?)