I’m Fine With Last Place

One of the things that has been heavy on my heart lately is my honest passion to live a life worthy of the calling God has placed on it.
Sure, I get it right a lot of the times, often say that right things, and even do many of the expected things, but there are often inconsistencies between what I do/say and what I really want to do/say deep down.

I want a pure heart.
I want a heart that not only does and says the right things, but consistently believes and is motivated by the right things.

This is something we can all probably relate to.

As I was spending some time with God the other day, I wrote this in my journal.
I think it’s a great snapshot into what I truly desire…
This is the creed that I want to live by…

God is more important. He’s more important than my hobbies, my wants, or even my needs. He’s more important than my pride, my desires, or my dreams. He is exponentially more valuable than the money I save or the possessions that I earn.

He must be treated as so. I can’t fake it or pretend it or even just do it, I must be sold out for it. He must be my everything, my only thing.

That’s where I want to be.
That’s my journey’s destination.
To be all about Him, all about others, and nothing about me.

I hope it’s yours too.

John 3:30 “He must become greater; I must become less.”

1. What a wonderful insight to your heart. Thank you for sharing, because that is my biggest desire as well. I cannot help but think of Ezekiel 36 while I was reading this post.

2. Thanks Johnathan, this is good. God doesn’t think you’re last, neither do I. All friends are first. Hey, next week we’d love it if you could join us on #celebrityapprentice4autism to support Holly R Peete who’s fifth son has Autism, my daughter has Aspergers. You can support anyone if you want, but we’re especially supporting her for that cause. We’re having popcorn n drinks via Twitter. And I’ll be giving aways one of four treats for free! I’m going to let everyone know later today @hashtag #celebrityapprentice4autism on Twitter. After that, you can either send your information to my e-maill http://www.ginaration.blogspot.com.

My blog is not quite perfected yet and webstie http://www.ginaration.com isn’t either.
    God bless

3. John 3:30 “He must become greater; I must become less.”

This is definitely something worth striving for. Thank you for sharing your heart and His word! Thank you for the reminder to keep a proper perspective. And thank you for being honest in your struggle.

Too often we try to portray ourselves as perfect. We are not. God is. Let’s us be about portraying our perfect God. All else is in vain.

4. Thanks for all of the appreciation. It is a matter of the heart. It’s a nice place and a tough place to be. Knowing what needs to happen, but trying to get there. Not sure we ever will this side of heaven… always a work in progress. Thanks for the comments!

5. Amy

God bless

6. John 3:30 “He must become greater; I must become less.”