There are countless ideas about what true spiritual growth looks like in a Christian context.
It seems like most of these ideas fall short of calculating true transformation.
It’s hard to come to a defining conclusion from these measurements.
Many people measure spiritual growth by…
- Church attendance
- Amount of time spent with God
- How many prayers we pray
- Scriptures memorized
- Movement through church assimilation process
- Positions served in
- Amount of people converted
All of these may be great indicators for desire to grow or willingness to grow, but they seem to fall short of actually measuring spiritual growth.
Maybe we need to focus more on…
- Growing the fruit of the Spirit (Gal. 5:22-26)
- An increased hunger for God’s word
- A more joyous life
Just a few examples.
How do you measure spiritual growth?