1 Peter 5:7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
I’ve heard this verse all my life, I’ve even taught on it before. But, if we stop and think about the results of practicing this verse, it magnifies its significance.
Casting all your anxiety on God means…
- We trust Him with the results.
- We believe that He can handle it.
- We trust that He has a solution.
- We don’t doubt His sovereignty.
- We really believe in something we can’t see.
Casting all your anxiety on God says…
- We don’t have a solution.
- We can’t handle it.
- We’re not going to mess with it.
- We’ve become dependent on someone else.
- We’re willing to admit our inadequacies.
So, we have a choice to make. Do we trust the One that created us, or are we too prideful to say that we can’t do it? Do we hang on to our self consumed pride, or the promise of an all knowing God? Do we really believe that He cares for us?
What anxiety do you need to cast on God today? He cares for you! He can handle it!